18 May 2005

party's over

The last of the Italy visitors left this morning. Scott and Kristin were here for a couple days, and we hung out and had a pretty good time. Group of friends went to Vienna and another group to Budapest. I am stuck here because I have a massive amount of homework to do in an ever-dwindling time frame. So, it's back to the books for me. I did get a haircut yesterday, and I must say that I am pleased with the results. So that's good. The weather here has sucked the past 2 days. The high today was 48. BRRRRRRR. I leave you with some thoughts:

When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable._Clifton Fadiman

Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep & permanent, in the ideas of living._Miriam Beard

1 comment:

Broseph said...

I suppose Budapest would be a better place if you weren't stuck on a tarmac for 4 hours.... :-/