12 May 2005

um......are you serious?

pipes_glow
Picture for my final photo project

Here's a mental picture for everyone_
I came home Monday to a note on my door. It was written in Czech. After some rough internet translation with little results, my flatmate Miika told us it meant that people were coming to wash our windows on Tuesday. Awesome, they're not even dirty. We prepare by cleaning off our desks and locking computers in the drawers. Tuesday comes and goes, and no window washers. It may have had something to do with the fact that our dorm ran out of hot water Tuesday morning. Wednesday, no window washers, but the cleaning lady comes late. [Did I mention we have a woman who comes and 'mops' our floors? Her B.O. has a tendency to linger in the room for hours after she's gone, so Tiffany and I lock her out.] Thursday morning, no window washers. As we are preparing to leave for some grocery shopping, we hear a knock on the door. Surprise! Window washers! Luckily, due to my keen intuition, we had locked the computers up again. A woman wearing 'capri' pants and Keds-like tennis shoes comes into our room. She sets her bucket on my desk, slips her shoes off, and climbs onto my desk with her bare feet. For a near 10 minutes, she washes our windows, including sticking half her body out the window to reach the outside. Uses same rag to 'wipe' off my desk. Those of you who know me well know that I HATE feet, especially smelly ones belonging to strangers. Needless to say, my desk was still littered with footprints, and although she was not as putrid as our cleaning lady, she wasn't April fresh. I cleaned it up, no big deal. But, you may be asking yourself, 'Why would they decide to come wash windows when we only have 1.5 months left of school?' Don't worry, I'm perplexed as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, Your photography is AWESOME! Wish I had a little of your talent. I love to take the pics, but they never turn out like I'd hope they could. I so enjoy your 'blog'...I feel I've really gotten to know you through this Internet. Keep up the good work.
Jeannie