21 October 2005

lessons

Ok_so I was in Europe and writing all kinds of interesting things, and now I'm back in Manhattan and feeling all sorry for myself b/c this year is alot harder than I thought it would be. You may be left wondering, what did I take away from my semester in Europe, besides new clothing, a taste for Czech beer and credit card bills? Well, I've been doing some thinking, and decided to share. Because of my time in Prague I:
_discovered my natural hair color
_don't need a guy to open jars, bottles, or twisty objects
_have more confidence in myself
_learned how to just jump into a situation without making any plans...and have fun doing it [for those of you who have known me for awhile, you know that's a big change]
_really want to live urban and move to a big city
_realized I learn languages quite easily
_reaffirmed that there is so much more to life than school and work
_don't hate the outdoors anymore and actually use words like 'pretty' 'beautiful' and 'nice' to describe the weather
_wish air conditioning in the States wasn't so cold
_drive less and walk more
_eat more fruits, veggies, and cheese
_try to avoid foods with alot of preservatives
_have a desire to live in Europe, or maybe Brazil for a length of time
_am more open to alternative forms of government, lifestyles, and understandings
_appreciate American hygeine much more
_am bored with the generic sense of beauty in this country
_have felt slightly lost; somewhat while I was there, somewhat before I went, and somewhat since I came back [I think it's b/c my closest friends weren't there and now we're all doing different things]
_clean less
_have more confidence in my fashion sense and am not afraid to wear colors!
_am a little less serious about things

No comments: