05 January 2006

numbers

We started inventory at work yesterday, and boy is that an undertaking. "You work at a gift shop. Inventory can't be that big of a deal." You'd think that, wouldn't you? Turns out it's taking
f o r e v e r.
We have a ton of these tiny little items that we have to find and then count. Then we have several items listed in the computer that we don't have anymore, but we still have to look to make sure that they really are gone. It's tedious. But, last night I was on fire like Rainman! Someone would ask about an item, and not only could I tell them what it was and where it's located in the store, but I could frequently say how many we had, as well. Why can't I be that efficient in studio? Uses the wrong side of the brain, I guess. But, once it's done, we'll be far more organized, so it's worth it. I need to find a way to channel my idiot-savant qualities to help me in more useful applications.

A really, really sad fact: we have these sets of darling little baby socks, 6 pairs to a box. I found out yesterday that someone has been stealing baby socks! WHO STEALS BABY SOCKS? I know it's not babies. How horrible is that? It really makes me mad that someone would steal baby socks, of all things, and from a small local business. I swear, the world's going to hell in a hand basket!

2 comments:

sloring said...

It's Gabe, he's stealing the socks, I know it.

Button Monkey said...

Thanks for the treats!
They were well received.