14 September 2006

bone to pick

I thoroughly enjoy IZZE sparkling juice. It is somewhat of a luxury item [$4-5 for a 4 pack], so I try to limit my purchase. What I would like to know is why Jewel-Osco and Cub Foods do not feel obligated to carry such a delicious treat. Simply preposterous if you ask me.
Also, I had planned to make crepes for dessert last night. I purchased heavy cream for fresh whipped cream, strawberries, and was hoping to surprise Don with Nutella to accompany these delicious items. [For those of you unfortunate souls who are unfamiliar with Nutella, it is a hazelnut spread. Imagine the consistency of peanut butter, but with a chocolatey-nutty flavor. Those Italians are geniuses.] But is my local Jewel-Osco a purveyor of this fine good? NO! Even freaking Dillons sells Nutella. What a bunch of crap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crepes for dessert!, nutella! fresh whiped cream! i hope don knows what a good thing he has with you. if not, it's steak night!

Amy said...

Uh, how about some twinkies next time. Heavy cream enclosed in a soft sponge cake. Thats how we do it in Kansas...haha...I dont live in Kansas anymore. my bad.

Ran Weller said...

What language are you speaking? I only understand about two words...

Love,

Confused Kansan

alexis said...

You should come to KS to get your Izze. It's 3 bucks for 4 here.