05 January 2010

happy twenty-ten!

That's right - I'm saying twenty-ten instead of two-thousand ten. I mean, we said nineteen ninety nine, right? I'm also pretending that the last time I updated wasn't 2 months ago....

Eeenyway - a little recap of 2009, in a few parts.

Part 1_New in Oh-Nine

Stuff I did:
Ate at the Publican! (see below)
Pretended to have my own floral business (for the wedding, wholesale = awesome)
Followed a work-out plan (thank you, Jillian Michaels)
completed my IDP hours, so now I can take my 7 licensing exams
Got hitched (don't worry, this will get it's own post)

Visited Ireland, France & England (you already read about that)

Slovakfest in Germantown, Wisconsin, where I slept in a tent in the Zoltan's field (as close as I get to camping)

Stayed in a beach house in Michigan with friends (I've done this before with family)
Visited the Cherry Capital of Michigan
Found a real dentist and had 7 cavities filled and 1 crown replaced...
Baked for 2 apple pie contests (and perfected it, if you ask me....)

Joined a baking blog club
Visited Mexico for our close friends' Brian & AJ's amazing wedding


Bought a vintage colorwheel for our vintage Christmas tree!
Started knitting (kind of...)

Stuff I ate and discovered I love:
Oysters
Pigs ear
Pork rinds
Beef heart (thank you, Publican for those 4)
Duck heart
Pate
Camembert cheese
French macarons
Butter with sea salt on top (thank you, France for those 5)
Brussel sprouts
Beets (thank you, Wisconsin CSA)
Pork belly (thank you, Urban Belly)
A whole lot of wines, thanks to our landlord!

1 comment:

ercwttmn said...

love the recap nicole! hope you and don had a wonderful holiday season!

p.s. where are the photos of this vintage christmas tree you speak of? i'm intrigued.