20 April 2010

I really haven't forgotten about that wedding post...

I've been working on a post about my wedding. It's taken me a long time to put the post together. Not because I didn't want to share, or because I'm totally over the wedding thing, or even because there's so much content, but it's taken me a while to really be able to externalize the whole planning and throwing a wedding thing.  It has also taken me a while to decide what I wanted to share about it here on a non-wedding blog. But I think I've got it narrowed down. Bear with me.

The year and a half long process took a lot of energy out of me, and it's been really hard to redirect the energy I have now back to that. During the planning time, I would pour over dozens of wedding blogs every day (see sidebar). Just looking at them now exhausts me. Weird, huh? I find it insanely liberating not to be thinking about wedding stuff anymore. (Don't get me wrong - we had fun in the process, it was just soooo much work.) We would have been decent candidates for an elopement. Analyze that however you wish. But, we threw a wedding, and we did it our own way (isn't that the point). And it was like 300% fun. So I guess all that work was worth it.

It's coming soon. By our first anniversary, I swear.

(photo by the amazing and talented LemonLime Photography)

No comments: